Going on a city trip? A relaxing spa weekend? Or a voyage to the beach? Wherever it is, the fun may end when you find out you forgot to pack some important items. That’s why I’ve created this short packing guide – applicable to any summer vacation!
First off, some useful tips to make your life easier:
• Don’t leave packing to the last minute. For a short (up to one week) trip, start at least 2 days before you leave. For a longer vacation, you should commence even earlier, as you may have to buy some things.
• Make a list of what you’ll need, that way you’re less likely to forget.
• Choose a suitcase/travel bag that’s not too heavy.
• For longer trips, take things you can wash easily so you won’t have to change each day.
• Leave some space in your bag for souvenirs.
Essentials for Everyone
These are the things you should pack on every overnight trip:
Toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush
Spare underwear, shirts, socks, possibly pants/skirts, at least 2 pairs of comfy shoes
Cell phone, emergency kit
Women: sanitary kit
Raincoat and sunscreen
Your ID/passport and wallet
Alarm clock, camera
Possibly useful: sowing kit, an interesting read, swimming stuff, a drink
For a City Trip
Annotated tour guide so you can visit your favourite locations
Clothing appropriate to the city
Possibly: a dictionary
For a Spa Weekend
A good read
Possibly: some good music
For a Seaside Trip
All your swimming stuff
A good read
Sandals and shorts, sunglasses, sun hat
For kids: seaside toys, swimming aid
Possibly: inflated mat
In any case, I wish everyone a wonderful, stress-free vacation! Check back for my city trip diary out in around 2 weeks!
In the meantime, read about a possible holiday destination in “A Little Bit About… Switzerland!”
Copyright © 2013 - marisol2.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com