You don’t feel like standing behind the oven for an hour today, but still want a hot meal? Don’t worry; these two simple, healthy recipes can be produced in 10 minutes if you work effectively!
Number One: Scrambled Eggs with Veggies
You will need (for two people): 5 eggs, salt, pepper, any kind of spices you like, ½ pepperoni, 1 tomato, ca. 7-10 olives, 1 onion, olive oil.
1. Cut up all the veggies, then heat up the olive oil briefly.
2. Add the onions and heat until they’re slightly glazed.
3. While waiting, crack open the eggs in a separate bowl, add salt, pepper and seasoning, and beat until it’s blended.
4. Add cut up tomato to the pan and wait for 20 seconds for the moisture to dissipate.
5. Add all the other veggies and the egg-blend. Stir and cook until it’s slightly brown. Your dinner’s ready!
Variations: While waiting for Step 5 to be complete, you can set the table and/or prepare a tasty salad to save even more time.
You can also use different veggies, cheese, or ham. The above are just suggestions.
Number Two: Plain Pasta and Salad
You will need: enough pasta for everyone, butter, water, salt, any kind of spice you like, washed salad, salad sauce, (tomatoes).
1. Heat the water until it’s boiling.
2. While waiting for Step 1, cut up the salad and distribute it onto the plates. If you want, you can add cut up tomatoes to your salad.
3. Put the pasta in the water but make sure it isn’t boiling anymore. Let them cook until they are at your preferred consistency (al dente or softer).
4. While waiting for Step 3 to happen, set the table and add the salad sauce to the salads.
5. Drain the water from the pasta, add a chunk of butter (which will dissolve if you stir the pasta a bit), salt, and your spices. All done!
Variations: You can add various types of veggies to your salad to spice things up.
If you want a sauce to go with your pasta, either buy a pre-made one or make a large quantity of homemade sauce which you can freeze to preserve.
Seasoning tip: In Switzerland we use Aromat for seasoning – it’s a type of spice, kind of like scented salt, and gives food a distinct taste. Maybe there’s something like that in your country too!
As you see, two simple but healthy, tasty meals! And even if you’re a beginner cook, you should be able to pull this off. Much better than getting takeout at McDonald’s, don’t you think? Try them out, and tell me what you thought!
If you’re interested in some tips to enhance your cuisine, check out my other article Five Great Cooking Tips.
Copyright © 2013 - marisol2.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com